July is UV Safety Month: Safeguard Your Skin
June 28, 2022
The harshness of summer and winter can take their toll on our skin’s condition. To look after your skin throughout the year in all seasons, use these easy and simple tips to safeguard your skin on the inside and outside of your body.
- Drink water steadily throughout the day to stay hydrated
- Increase your ‘high water’ food intake – salads, fruit and vegetables.
- Certain beverages like alcohol, coffee and tea have a dehydrating effect on the body.
- Apply a high SPF sunscreen regularly and repeatedly throughout the day. Remember ultraviolet rays can reach you on cloudy days and while you are in the shade.
- Between 11am and 3pm take extra care and stay inside or within the shade to avoid the strongest sun of the day.
- Spritz your face regularly throughout the day.
- Choose loose cotton, silk or linen clothing which will allow perspiration to evaporate naturally.
- Wear a floppy hat to keep the heat off your head, ears, and neck.