Men’s Health Month
May 28, 2020
Some men may experience prostate problems as they age, so it’s important to maximize the life of the prostate gland. Some symptoms indicate there may be a bigger problem and shouldn’t be ignored.
- Problems urinating: too often, unable to, weak, or interrupted flow, pain or burning while urinating. Blood in urine.
- Pain or stiffness in the lower back, hips, or upper thighs.
- Only a doctor can confirm if any of your symptoms are a minor infection or something more serious.
How can you protect yourself?
- Be active: not only does exercise benefit your prostate, but it’s great for your body.
- Eat healthy: foods such as nuts, seafood, turkey, and raw onions can keep your prostate in good health.
- Zinc: helps create male hormones. Zinc can be found in pumpkin, sesame, and sunflower seeds.
- An adjustment in your diet might help keep your prostate healthy, but before changing your diet, it’s important to consult a physician.