Seven Ways To Reuse Holiday Wrapping Paper
November 29, 2022
- Collage a 1.5″ x 8″ piece of cardboard with small pieces of wrapping paper to make a nice bookmark. Keep it yourself or give it to a loved one.
- Cut out snowmen, snowflakes, bells, or ornament shapes. Glue the shapes on cards. Add a string and hang them as seasonal decorations.
- Fold wrapping paper lengthwise. Cut out the shape of a tree, where the edges are touching the folds. Unfold the paper to reveal a chain of fancy trees.
- Cut wrapping paper into strips. Make them into links by stapling or gluing each link to the next and create a chain to decorate a mantel or dresser.
- Collage a plain picture frame with small pieces of wrapping paper to make it festive. Cut out or write a phrase like: “Peace • Love • Joy” or “Spreading Cheer” or “Holiday Memories.”
- Fill the cardboard centers of paper towel rolls with wrapped candy, inspirational sayings, and small trinkets. Then wrap with gift paper and tie the end with string. Give them to family or friends to pull open and celebrate.
- Cut out festive shapes or images from the wrapping paper and glue them on a piece of 10″ x 5″ cardstock paper folded in half to make your own greeting card.