Stress Management Tips
March 24, 2020
Everyone needs successful stress management techniques. Try any of these easy-to-learn and easy-to-implement tips:
- Copy good stress managers. Have you noticed there are some people who always appear calm in stressful situations? What are they doing differently? What language do they use? Try to sit down with them for a chat. Learn from the best stress managers and copy what they do.
- Stress is contagious. Protect yourself from stress by recognizing stress in others and limiting your contact with them.
- Use deep breathing. You can trick your body into relaxing by using deep breathing. Breathe in slowly for a count of 7 then breathe out for a count of 11.
- Stop stress thought-trains. It is possible to tangle yourself up in a stress knot all by yourself. “If this happens, then that might happen and then we’re all up the creek!” Most of these things never happen, so why waste all that energy worrying needlessly? Give stress thought-trains the red light and stop them in their tracks.
- Know your stress hot spots and trigger points. Make your own list of stress trigger points or hot spots. Be specific. Knowing what causes you stress is powerful information, as you can take action to make it less stressful.
- Eat, drink, sleep and be merry! Lack of sleep, poor diet and no exercise wreaks havoc on our body and mind.