Train Your Brain Day on October 13
September 28, 2022
We always hear about the health benefits of adding physical exercise into our daily routine, but what about exercising our brains?
Keep your mind sharp by challenging yourself with brain teasers, trivia, and trying new activities. Here are some suggestions for staying sharp, or training your brain to get even sharper!
- Play online or download smart phone or tablet apps for brainteasers, trivia or memory games
- Purchase activity books with crosswords, word searches, word jumbles and other paper-pencil games
- Learn a new word each week or month
- Learn a new language
- Start a journal and be committed to writing a daily entry
- Write a memoir or short story
- Try a new hobby, such as photography, knitting, or scrapbooking
- Complete a jigsaw puzzle
- Learn a new instrument
- Take an online painting class or tutorial
- Read a book about an unfamiliar topic, and discuss your newfound knowledge with friends and family